Monday, February 16, 2015

High Tech Thermostats

I installed 2 Tech Heavy Honeywell Thermostats 



This was what the original Thermostats looked like. Very basic digital control units


Downstairs Thermostat
I started by labeling the wires and removing the old thermostat control unit downstairs.

I mounted the new back plate for the new downstairs Thermostat 

I connected all the wires and tucked them in tight and did some spot painting around the new mounting plate.

I attached the Thermostat and adjusted the settings.
I wired up this new downstairs Thermostat, slapped on some paint and adjusted some settings. I love this thing. It has automatic temperature control (it turns on the heat or A/C all by itself to keep the temperature right where I want it), scheduled temperatures for different dates (warms up the house a little before I get out of bed and cools the house a little at bed time automatically), tells me the outside temperature, wifi connected, controllable via phone/Internet, and it will email me if there's a problem. 


Upstairs Thermostat
I removed the old upstairs Thermostat


I mounted the new Thermostat back plate and attached all the wires.


I attached the Thermostat and adjusted the settings

The upstairs thermostat is not as tech heavy as the downstairs thermostat I installed but it does have automatic temperature control, scheduled temperatures for different dates, wifi connected, controllable via phone/Internet, and it will email me if there's a problem.


No clue what I'll be doing next......

No comments:

Post a Comment