Thursday, April 23, 2015

My work on the deck

Now that the deck was finished I have began to do some work of my own to it.



I started by bolting 4x4's to the pre existing 4x4 posts and into the house.

I next bolted 16' decking boards to the tops of the 4x4's and leveled and squared everything up. Then I arranged two 12' shade sails between the new overhead structure. 
I next added accent lights
The lights work pretty well
The overhead structure turned out pretty good.

The deck really came together.


I built a 8' x 4.5' platform so we can clean our shoes before we go onto the deck.
This kit was money well spent. You can make up to a 8' flip/top bench. I chose to make two 4' benches.

I put together two 4' flip/top benches for the deck

The flip/top benches can be used as normal benches

The flip/top benches can be used as a seat and table top

Two flip/top benches can be pushed together and make a picnic table
This picture show the benches apart on the deck

This picture shows the benches together on the deck

I added a gas fire pit

The fire pit is the center of our night time get togethers on the deck


All thats left for me to do with the deck is to add four bamboo sun blinds and replace the triangle shade sails with one square shade sail that will give more shade. We are really are enjoying the deck so far.





No comments:

Post a Comment