Thursday, May 12, 2016

Shade Structure is Done

I finished up with the new shade structure for the daycare kids. It wasn't to big of a job and the structure should last for many years to come.


I concreted in my foundation posts over the weekend and let them set

I started out by putting up the joists with screws so I could get the measurements right

Joists prepped for carriage bolt installation  

The carriage bolts, nuts and washers

The carriage bolts were installed and I cut down the 4x4 posts to the same level as the 2x6's

I installed 3 rows of cross joists with 2x4's and I laid out the 26" wide by 10' long pvc roofing panels and secured them in place.

After 2 days the concrete had set pretty good and the dirt had settled so I tamped down the dirt and cleaned up around the posts. 

Tamped and cleaned posts areas


All done (left view)

All done (right view)

Between the tree and the new building the playground has more shade than ever.



No comments:

Post a Comment