Monday, December 23, 2013

Lots of updates around the house

I've done a lot of updates around the house in the past few months. One of my updates had to be done twice because Michelle didn't like the color when it was all done lol.

I started hating the carpet on the steps, so I decided to rip it up put in wood steps

The first few steps were hard wood and I thought I had hit the jackpot but it turned out that on 4 of the 14 steps were hard wood so I was going to have to start from scratch. 

I pulled the carpet and took off the old stair treads

I measured, cut, and sanded 14 new hard wood stair treads

I stained and sealed all the new stair treads

I installed the treads and did minor trim work

Here was the finished product that Michelle ended up not liking the color

I slapped down some matching wood laminate on the landing
The steps were resanded and restained


The risers had to be repainted because of the dripping stain and the treads were looking as Michelle wanted

Along with restaining the steps I had to sand and restain the stair rails to Michelles liking 

Sanded, sealed and looking good

I replaced the carpet on the plant ledge 

The wood laminate turned out really good 
After 2 years of Michells shoes being in the way I added a second shoe rack and widened my clothes shelf.

There you have it neat and together and waiting for Michelle to buy more crap so I can add a third shoe rack
More projects to come............

No comments:

Post a Comment