Saturday, March 21, 2015

Goodbye Beetle... Hello AccordI

Maliea's first car the 2001 New Beetle lasted about 6 months before the transmission started having issues that were to costly to fix so we got a 2007 Honda Accord EX-L V6. The Honda is a much better car and after purchasing it I only had to get new tires, breaks, and wiper blades to have the car completely on deck. I have replaced the dome light bulbs with really bright LCD bulbs. I've replaced all the factory speakers. I've replaced the factory stereo. I've replaced the factory heating and cooling controls because the factory controls sucked and made the car either hot or cold. 



After all the work I did to the 2001 New Beetle the transmission ended up being to costly to fix.

Goodbye Beetle.... Hello Accord
This is a picture of the original radio and heat and air controls. Very sucky
I started by removing the cubby and surrounding trim

I removed all the trim and electronics from the center console
I installed a new High Power Pioneer receiver unit with a aftermarket mod so that the steering wheel controls will operate the Pioneer functions. I installed new digital heat and air controls. I also installed two open face cubbys under the stereo. 

There it is the after product.
I replaced the factory door speakers with high wattage 6 1/2 2 way Kickers. Notice the size difference in the magnets. We now have the capability of  BASS.

Just a front shot to show off the 2 way cone and tweeter.
I replaced the factory rear speakers with high wattage 6x9  3 way Kickers. Notice the size difference in the magnets. We now have the capability of  BASS.

Just a front shot to show off the 3 way cone and tweeters.
Lets hope this car lasts.......

No comments:

Post a Comment