Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Damn Barnacles...

Coming from Ohio and not growing up around salt water I had no idea that when I leased a boat slip and kept my boat in the water for around 5 months that barnacles were going to invade the bottom of my boat. Barnacles don't come off with just pressure washing or a scrub brush, it takes scraping and chemicals. Needless to say I'm letting the boat slip go and will be dropping the boat at the public docks when I want to go out.  
I pulled the boat from the water and brought it home for a scrub down
I was amazed by what I found. Slime I understand but BARNACLES  wtf 
My motor was only in the water for a week or two and look at what happened
Just horrible
After pressure washing and Lime-A-Way and scraping with a plastic scraper the boat was 50% better but still nasty

Boat was still lookin nasty until....

 I found a old windshield ice scrapper and boy did that thing do the job easier and better but the boat was still nasty.

Before

After windshield scrapper
 Still stained and has the barnacle adhesive rings everywhere 
Before

After windshield scrapper
 Still stained and has the barnacle adhesive rings everywhere 

Thank you good people at the funeral home for giving my mom this free scrapper

This is what you look like when you have been scrapping nasty ass stankin ass barnacles all day long.

 I still have to get chemicals and get rid of the barnacle adhesive circles and seal the bottom of my boat with wax and maybe paint. 

I HATE BARNACLES !!!




No comments:

Post a Comment